I started writing this blog because I was noticing with my customers that there was a great need for help with getting people started with retirement saving and planning. At my day job, I deal with people every day that has nothing saved or set aside for that day when they decide to stop working. My goal is to try to help show the way on how to become a better saver as well as starting to learn how to invest their money to increase their retirement savings. The stock market is such a scary place with lots of strange languages, symbols and intimidating numbers. I want to try to make it less intimidating and try to put it into terms people can easily understand. In other words, English!
Who is this site for?
This site is for those who want to learn more about the stock market. And who want to learn how save more money and how to make that money work for them. If you are looking for quick money or how to make huge profits on really risky trades this is not the place for you. I am going to show you how to take your hard-earned money and make it work for you in a way that you can sleep at night and not worry about your money.
How are we going to do this?
We are going to start with the basics and work our way thru all different types of stocks and how the market actually works. We will walk thru the different types of retirement accounts, ie Traditional, Roth. We will also talk about how to leverage your 401k to maximize it’s potential for you as well. Also, we talk about how to save more money and to always make sure we are still enjoying our lives as we do this.
Some random things about me
- I am originally from Iowa, escaped in 1985
- Happily married to an amazing woman and have one beautiful daughter
- Love sports
- Baseball is one of my many passions
- Used to live in Nashville, TN
- Used to aspire to be the center fielder for San Francisco Giants
- Graduated with a music degree from college
- Went to college to play baseball, ended up majoring in music
- Play guitar right-handed even though I am left-handed
- Been to all states except Alaska and Maine
- Have worn glasses since I was in first grade. Yikes.
- Used to collect beer cans, baseball cards, and postcards
- Love history, especially anything Roman
- My first 8-track was Simon and Garfunkel’s greatest hits
- Second 8-track was Snoopy vs the Red Baron. Awesome stuff!
- I have voted in every major election I have been able to
- Love, love, love technology
- I am studying Italian
- Love to cook, especially Italian food
- I am a sommelier, love red wine , Italian, of course, being my favorite
- In Heaven, they will have on tap Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Barolo
- Love the blues, favorites being Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, and Muddy Waters
- I did survive the 80s without buying or wearing parachute pants
- Love roller coasters, the bigger, steeper and faster the better
- Dogs are my favorite
- Got to audition for Lenny Kravitz, didn’t get gig because didn’t have right look
- Played my guitar at the “Crossroads” at midnight in Greenville, Mississippi
- I am deathly afraid of the ocean. Saw Jaws when I was 9 and ran screaming from the theater. Haven’t been able to swim in it since.
- I live in Wisconsin, root for the Packers. But my favorite team every week is whoever plays the Vikings.
- The first concert was Van Halen. Eddie is the king!
- After graduating from college, my treat to myself was learning the whole album “Are you Experienced” by Jimi Hendrix.
- Now that I have a child I have so much respect for anyone who can manage more than one. They do smell your fear!
- Love to read and learn